Monday, February 14, 2005
Happy Valentine's Day, Indeed!
My Valentine's Day started with a sign in the kitchen telling me to enjoy my trip to work. I immediately looked outside and saw that my bike had been decorated with a red sign telling me how much I was loved by my wife. Beyond that, the street had been chalked. In huge yellow letters, Barbara had written, "I love you, Elliot!" It was absolutely incredible. My entire trip to school was marked with chalk statements of affection, and signs saying things like "#1 Husband" and "You're the only man for me." Barbara woke up at 5:30 AM to make sure my journey to school was a magnificant surprise. Upon arriving at the back door of school, she had written "Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. Targum." Inside, sitting on my chair, was a stuffed monkey ("Wild Thing") and two heart-shaped balloons. I was so happy and giddy all day long. I've married such a special woman, and as fantastic as the surprise was today, it is just a small example of how lucky I am to be with Barbara.

