Monday, March 21, 2005

Spring is coming / Thoughts about Homer Simpson

It's been too long since my last entry- Barbara scolded me about it earlier. The picture above comes from the courtyard of my school. The school secretary, Stacy, was gleefully telling anybody who would listen that the crocus' had begun to bloom. I snapped a picture with my PalmPilot - which confused a few students passing by and wondering why Mr. Targum was making appointments on his knees in the hallway. I particularly like the snow in the background.

Barbara and I watched The Simpsons this evening, and were tickled by a line Homer used to describe the bed in their bedroom while he and Marge were in a fight:

"That's not a bed, that's a loveless slab of bossiness."

That made us both laugh out loud (thank you TiVo for allowing us to replay it several times!). Barbara likes to blame it on the fact that we're both older siblings, but we could both easily relate to our bed being a slab of bossiness.

In fact, she is standing over me now, correcting my grammar and spelling. Her response as I typed that last sentence: "It's not grammar - it's basic English!"

Is it odd that Homer and I / Barbara and Marge share so many traits in common? More often than not, while laughing at Homer's lack of common sense or bizarre obsessions, I am also appreciating Marge's ability to put up with it and see the sweet Homer within. For my sake, I hope she is always able to see that sweet Homer within.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?