Sunday, April 10, 2005

Spring is in the Air...

It has been absolutely beautiful today - and people are outside in
droves. In the morning, I biked over to my parents' place in the
South End to help my father move their entire collection of books onto
the library shelves. His back has been bothering him (and he even
hobbles as he walks) so it was important that I help him do all the
lifting. The deal was that I would move his books and he would play a
board game with me.

The ride over was nice, except that I ran into a mob of people walking
for a charity, and taking up the entire bike path along the Charles
River. After weaving in and out of that, I came across the Greek
parade near Boston Common, which slowed me down even more. As
irritating as it was to not gain any speed, I love living in the city
because so much is going on. If playing chicken with charitable
walkers is the price to pay - I am happy to pay.

I biked home, went for a 3-mile run, and will now make a healthy
dinner for Barbara and myself. I am weighing in at Weight Watchers
tomorrow and am hoping to have lost the .7 pounds left to put me at a
total 10% loss. After that, just a few more pounds to goal.

Comments:
At least this is a way I know what's happening with the northern part of the family. S.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?