Sunday, May 22, 2005
Berkshires Weekend
We returned this afternoon from a wonderful weekend in the Berkshires with Jon McCandlish and Amy Kluber. The two of them have been dating since my wedding - and it seems to still be going strong. They brought us a wedding gift from both of them: 12 bottles of California wines and several wine racks. The intention is for us to start a wine collection. Both Barbara and I love the idea and were pleasantly surprised by the creative gift.
This picture was taken at Elizabeth's, one of my favorite Berkshires restaurants. This is one of the few times we left the house - partly because it was overcast, and partly because Jon and Amy have become board game fiends. While I would have enjoyed a little outdoor adventure, I did enjoy playing games with people who are as ravenous about board games as I am.
While none of us look particularly attractive in this picture (we are in real life), the framing of the picture seems to draw my eye to that older woman at the table behind us with a lamp growing out of her head.
